- Only Japanese corporations/businesses can trade futures of a commodity at IB. Individuals who reside in Japan are not able to trade futures of a commodity at IB.
- Australian residents can have their accounts enabled for use on C2 only if they are linked to an Australian introducing broker of IB that has an ASF license from ASIC.
- Non USA traders who receive the following rejection notice: Insufficient margin (Order increases leveraged FX position):
Non USA trader can log into Account Management and request cash forex (leveraged forex) permissions.
- Currently IB does not support FXCONV orders through FIX. FXCONV is the currency conversion tool in TWS (i.e. not IDEALPRO) to convert currency amounts. These conversion orders appear as external orders and will disable AutoSync. IB has asked us to tell our clients to not use the currency conversion feature in TWS.
- We disconnect at midnight and reconnect every day at 1:05am ET. Trades orders during this time will be picked up by AutoSync and appropriate trade signals will be send to the brokerage account.
- Forex exchange at IB is closed from 17:00 - 17:15 ET every day.