Yes, you can AutoTrade in multiple accounts at different brokers or at the same broker.
Two accounts at the same broker will require that you set up the second account on the broker connection called Server 2. Setup is done through the AutoTrade setup pages just as before with some minor differences.
The process for setting up an account on a Server 2 connection would go like this:
- Select the broker connection. Your first account number will be prefilled. Delete it and enter your second account.
- Read message in the yellow box that now appears. You will see two choices:
- Leave AutoTrading currently setup for account Xxxxx untouched. Setup a new account account for strategy on Server #2.
- Stop AutoTrading currently setup on first account so that you can change your account to something else.
- Click on the text for the first choice if you want to proceed with setting up your second account at the same broker. You will now see the Server 2 connection, make sure it is selected, enter your second account number again. Click green Submit button.
- Confirm your AutoTrading settings and Submit. Your broker will be sent a request to approve AutoTrading and once approved, you'll begin to see trading activity in your second account.
Server 3 and Server 4 now available for Interactive Brokers Direct. Contact email@example.com for assistance.
Note: If you want to autotrade the same strategy in multiple broker accounts, click here Can I use a single strategy subscription for multiple brokerage accounts?